Universal Audio 1176 Studio Compressor
Introduced in 1967, the Universal Audio 1176 remains the king of audio limiting, heard on more classic records than any other compressor. Built on the powerful UAFX engine, the 1176 Studio Compressor delivers the same punchy, expressive tones of the world-renowned hardware, now in a compact stompbox.
Built for decades of dependable performance on stage and in studio, 1176 Studio Compressor gives you switchable true/buffered bypass and a parallel compression mode in a compact pedalboard-friendly enclosure — so you can elevate your effects chain in a snap.
- Authentic emulation of the 1176LN Limiting Amplifier in a compact stompbox
- Single, Dual, and Sustain modes for decades of classic guitar compression effects
- Input, Output, Attack, and Release settings true to original 1176 hardware
- Ratio knob includes “all buttons in” mode for squashed, gritty textures
- Parallel compression mode, true/buffered bypass
Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 250mA minimum (sold separately)
Inputs: 1 x 1/4” TS unbalanced
Outputs: 1 x 1/4” TS unbalanced, USB Type-C for updates via computer
Height: 5.81 cm, 2.29 inches
Width: 6.55 cm, 2.58 inches
Depth: 12.07 cm, 4.75 inches
Weight: 0.650 lbs (0.299 kg)