[USED] 1980s MIJ Vintage BOSS Chorus CE-2
This product is currently sold out.
Used Vintage product - Cosmetic blemishes, works perfectly.
The CE-2 was the first compact pedal chorus from Boss. The CE-1 was released 1976 and contained the exact same circuit as the Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120 Amp. The CE-2 builds on the legacy of the CE-1 but isn’t identical. The middle region is boosted in the CE-2 compared to the CE-1. According to the design engineers this may be because the CE-1 had a lower input impedance.
Roland says that they stopped marketing the CE-2 November 1982. The pedal was however still produced and sold at least out 1990. The label changed from black to green 1984. The CE-2 was produced in Japan up until 1988 when production moved to Taiwan.
- The CE-2 exists in both silver screw and black screw versions.
- The font used on the “Chorus” label is wider on some versions. This results in the C in CE-2 to be located under the r in Chorus on the earliest models while it later ended up under the u.
- The circuit has gone through some minor changes but nothing significant. All MIJ CE-2s are designed around the MN3007 BBD using MN3101 clock driver.
- Controls: Rate, Depth
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 9 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400 g. (14 oz)
- Input Impedance: 470kOhm
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 90dB or more
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
- Green – Made In Japan
- Green – Made In Taiwan
The CE-2 was sold from October 1979 to November 1982.